Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cross-stitch design for my kurta

This is a cross stitch design that I made to embroider on my kurta
Cross Stitch embroidery design for Kurta
I decided to do a design in cross-stitch for my kurta/top for a change. The design took a lot of time to stitch out on my Brother Innovis 4000; about 3.5 hours... Whew! Probably a half hour more time because the white thread kept breaking; the green one was ok. I used No. 30 thread in 150/2 denier in viscose rayon and used the six strands so that the design was dark enough (10 stitches to an inch).

If you look closely at the cross-stitch embroidery design, you will find some flaws; I used the 7"x12" frame so the material has moved a little at the center. Perhaps someday I will opt for the 8"x10" frame which other users say does not have this "cloth shifting" problem. Meanwhile I have to remember to sew at a lower speed so that the screws don't get loose. I think this helps and I learnt it from another user.

No comments:

Post a Comment